A space to support your future
The Greater Woodburn Opportunity Center will be a welcoming community gathering place for residents to access multicultural and intergenerational social and economic services, public events, and training sessions.
The Greater Woodburn Opportunity Center (GWOC) is currently in the predevelopment phase prior to capital construction. The Center will be a safe space for our diverse communities to connect and network with their peers. Local organizations and businesses will find a home to gather, in groups both large and small.
- Family stability resource center (partners Mano a Mano, Community Action, Family Building Blocks, Catholic Community Services, Little Lambs Preschool)
- Cultural celebration space and technology-equipped event hall for up to 500 and smaller indoor/outdoor spaces for use by community members and groups
- Commercial kitchen, a new home for Woodburn Community Meal, and hunger relief programs.
- Cafe/coffee shop
- New home for Immanuel Lutheran Church and other spiritual partners
- Affordable rental housing community (partner Farmworker Housing Development Corporation) located adjacent to GWOC
Planning Team Presentations
At right (desktop) or below (mobile), a Greeters Meeting presentation with GWOC Planning Team members providing a project status update. (Oct. 28, 2022)
At right (desktop) or below (mobile), the GWOC Building Chair Terri Gonzalez provides a project overview to the Woodburn City Council in July 2021.
The Feasibility Study (July 2020), as described in this presentation, outlines the vision, design plan, and potential funding sources for this project.
To view architectural drawings, floor site maps, and community engagement photos, please visit the Gallery page.